Made By Us Partner Hub
Check out information about joining the Made By Us coalition, and the latest research into Gen Z, museums and civic engagement.
Become a Made By Us Partner
Made by Us mission is to ignite and inform younger generations through history. Joining Made by Us means being part of a nationwide movement of organizations working towards this goal together, sharing learning and resources along the way to turbo-charge civic learning and action for today’s young adults ages 18-30.
Made By Us Coalition Partners are non-partisan organizations in the United States with fact-based, credible expertise, scholarship or educational assets in history or civics.
As a member, your organization will access quarterly calls, bi-annual boot camps, shared programs like Civic Season and 60 Second History, and year-round learning opportunities for anyone on your staff. Ready to join? Use our intake form to register your information and we’ll be in touch.
☑️ Explore your coalition membership benefits in our menu of Made By Us Membership Information
☑️ Register your organization by completing the Intake Form.
☑️ Get ready to participate in Civic Season.
Questions or want to have a chat? Email Caroline@historymadebyus.org.
Dec. 19, 2pm ET: Year-End Museums + Civic Learning Gathering
Hosted on Zoom by Made By Us, Educating for American Democracy and History Co-Lab
Join a year-end community-gathering of museums and other community learning partners curious about playing a role in renewing and revitalizing our democratic republic.
January 18, 4pm ET: Civic Season Info Session
Get up to speed on Civic Season 2024 and everything you need to know to make the most of it. Great for new organizations to learn about this program and returning organizations to prepare.
January 25, 12:30 ET: How Can Museums be Civic Hubs for Gen Z?
Hosted on Zoom by Museums and Change
Caroline Klibanoff, executive director of Made By Us, along with Cameron Katz, community engagement manager, lead an open discussion on Gen Z as museum audiences.
Zoom link – spots limited to the first 100 participants who join.
Action Items for Partners
- Register for Civic Season
- Tell us what you’ve done in 2023 and/or what’s coming up in 2024.
- Vote for the Civic Season podcast, Democracy Vibe Check, as a winner in the Anthem Awards.
- Sign up for a social media collaboration for 2024
- Pitch your Teen Vogue article!
Check out our timely resources
- Holiday Gift Guide from Made By Us
- Taylor Swift, Historian (Teen Vogue, with Missouri Historical Society)
- Explainer on Islamophobia and Antisemitism (Instagram)
Civic Season is a new tradition for self-discovery and civic upskilling, co-created by Gen Z and cultural institutions. Joining Civic Season offers innovative, fun avenues for programming and connection, and connects you with a larger movement for increased visibility.
☑️ Register your organization to stay up to date with the latest Civic Season 2024!
☑️ Register to attend our Civic Season Info Session on January 18, 2024 at 1pm ET.
☑️ Review the Civic Season Tips + Criteria to discover how you can be part of Civic Season.
Meet our Advisory Committee
Our Advisory Committee is made up of history and civics experts helping shape the design and roll-out of the 2024 Civic Season.
Host a Slice of History Meet-Up
We’re partnering with Pizza to the Polls to host Slice of History Pizza Parties on June 15 kickoff weekend and throughout Civic Season – local, social events that connect us to our communities and each other. Organizations will host film screenings, tours, picnics, trivia and more, for a winning combination: Learning + socializing + local gathering + free pizza! Explore the Slice of History Template.
Here’s where we will share vetted resources, data and insights for sharing history in compelling, effective ways with younger generations.
Made By Us Research
Made By Us Social Research Reports and Findings
- More Americans are getting news on TikTok (2023) from the Pew Research Center
- U.S. 250th Collection on American Identity and History (2023) from More in Common
- Americans’ Views on Change and Collaboration (2023) from Walton Family Foundation
- Understanding the forces shaping Gen Z decision making (2023) from Quizlet
- The kids are all right, but they’re worried: Gen Z is working harder and saving more than any other generation (2023) from Fortune
- From Digital Natives to Digital Captives: How the Internet Changed Gen Z (2023) from DCDX
- Cultural Participation Monitor Summer (2023) from The Audience Agency
- Reimagining the American Dream: Views from Young Americans (2023) from the Sine Institute of Policy and Public
- The Civic Outlook of Young Adults in America (2023) from Institute for Citizens & Scholars, 18-24 year olds
- Americans’ Dismal Views of the Nation’s Politics (2023) from the Pew Research Center
- Civic Language Perception Project: a study on the language of democracy (2022) from PACE Funders
- Impact of museums on social wellbeing (2021) from IMLS
- History, the Past, and Public Culture: Results from a National Survey (2021) from the American Historical Association
- The-features-of-narratives: A Model of Narrative Form for Social Change Efforts (2021) from the Frameworks Institute
- The State of Gen Z (2020) by Jason Dorsey
- What Americans Think About History from the American Historical Association’s presentation to MBU on the public’s views of history; here’s the full survey
- Museum Visitation 2020 report from AASLH
- Democracy Counts 2020: electoral participation among college and university students from the Tufts Institute for Democracy and Higher Education
- Facebook 2020 trend report
- Communicating about History: Challenges, Opportunities, and Emerging Recommendations (2020) from the FrameWorks Institute
- The Humanities in American Life: Humanities Indicators (2020) from the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Our Common Purpose: recommendations for democracy from the American Academy of Arts and Sciences – Made By Us has signed on as a champion for recommendation 6.2, Telling Our Nation’s Story.